Cleavr high level product road map

@David

Ah! That sounds cool! I added a response here to move the discussion to a different topic. WordPress and a decoupled architecture

New release!

Env variable management just got a ton easier. You can now call the current variables, modify, and sync. There is also a new form layout view that can be used and some post sync actions, such as reload services, that can be optionally selected.

https://releases.cleaver.cloud/

Up next: a pretty huge feature that we are really excited about but will keep it a secret for now. :speak_no_evil:

1 Like

Server monitoring is coming!

Maybe impossibile, don’t know, but I think it could be really cool and could advertising your product a lot:

add integration with Local by Flywheel for WP installations on Cleaver.

We’ve released App Log Reporting for Laravel! App logs coming soon!

Up next: App Log Reporting for AdonisJS and we’ll be working on nginx cache. :call_me_hand:

Do you have an idea high on your wish list for Cleaver? Let us know, we’d love to hear about it!

I can’t believe it’s been 6 months now since beginning this thread! :scream:

Looking back at the identified road map items, we’ve made some pretty good progress.

Completed:

• :white_check_mark: Adonis 4 and 5 support
  • :white_check_mark: NuxtJS SSR and Static support
  • :white_check_mark: Flash Deployments for web-app first setup and deployment
  • :white_check_mark: GitHub Actions integration
  • :white_check_mark: Canary - verify deployments before making them live
  • :white_check_mark: Production Logs Report
  • :white_check_mark: Domain management (so you don’t have to go to a bunch of random places to manage smaller things such as a-records)
  • :white_check_mark: Support additional VC provider integration (namely, BitBucket and GitLab)
  • :white_check_mark: Support additional database types (PostgreSQL)
  • :white_check_mark: Additional nginx improvements
  • :white_check_mark: Database backups
  • :white_check_mark: File system backups
  • :white_check_mark: Server monitor(probably will be in the new dashboard)
  • :white_check_mark: Cache setup
  • :white_check_mark: Wildcard subdomain w/ SSL support

Outstanding:

• Add a dashboard so you can view your setups at a high level
  • automatic patches and security updates (as option, digital ocean has this on kubernetes)
  • Custom nginx directives
  • Server health checks Notifications(integrated with the server monitor)
  • Load Balancers
  • Custom firewall rules
  • Docker support
  • Python support
  • Upgrade or uninstall and replace a PHP version with a newer one or older one.
  • Malware Scanning

Definitely let us know what you’re looking forward to with Cleavr. We’d love to hear your thoughts on new features or if you’re looking for enhancements to existing ones. :ear:

3 Likes

If I remember correctly from the crazy steady and fast stream of updates you guys are doing that about half of these Outstanding items are already completed!?

The big one I’m waiting for is Security Updates. In the mean time, should we be just logging into our servers and doing the old: sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade as in my case I know these are a lot of outstanding updates on my server?

I also have great functions still marked as Outstanding.

Docker sounds interesting. I locally develop using Docker in an environment called Lando

Please have a look at Lando, it’s great. I’m not in anyway associated with Lando but being an non terminal pro guy Lando makes my daily developing super convenient.

Hag a nice day guys.

We have this available now :wink:

At least, under the server > services section, you can add Docker as a service.

2 Likes

Yup! We have quite a few of the completed. We’re currently working on some big updates to both the back and front ends, including a dashboard.

Security updates and unattended updates are set to be applied automatically.

When you SSH into your server, Ubuntu may display messages about updating packages - but that of course may not be necessary as well as may include breaking changes. You can update but be cautious.

To see if unattended updates are outstanding, you can run the following command on the server -
sudo unattended-upgrades --dry-run --debug

Cool, thanks for the info. The upcoming changes sound awesome, though hard to believe Cleavr can get much better! :slight_smile:

Sorry, just to clarify, @amiedema did you mean security and unattended updates are already set to be applied already, or that’s set to happen soon?

I thought I should check because while I only SSH into my server on occasion the number in the intro messaging continues to grow over the past couple of months.

113 updates can be installed immediately.
25 of these updates are security updates.

@onetrev - that should be the case but let me know if you’d like me to check your server to see if something isn’t setup correctly.

No rush at all, but yes @amiedema if you could please take a look at my server to check the security updates are running as they should, as it does seem there is a chance there is an issue. Thank you!

Cool! I’ll try to take a look sometime tomorrow and will PM or email you what I find.

@amiedema i hope i won’t get shot for adding some suggestions.

I know you are looking into some more features regarding backup and i gave you some wishes on features from my current backup service: Dropmysite.

I also use a service called: UptimeRobot that i find very helpful. Is there any chance you have the possibility to offer this kind of service i couldn’t be happier.

I also understand that adding More Canary locations is not that easy and probably quite costly. But if you see the financial aspect the biggest hurdle i have a bunch of developer that probably would be very interested in Finland that might be willingly to co found this (including my self of course)

Best regards from Sweden

1 Like

@onetrev - we believe we know what the situation is. We take care of the core system updates via unattended, which makes OS level security updates automatically; but we don’t automatically update installed packages, which may also be marked as security related, as that can lead to unintended downtime and undesired updates.

We plan on adding some functionality similar to UptimeRobot. Though, of course, we won’t like be as full featured as a dedicated service would be. What are your favorite parts? website monitoring? Status page?

1 Like

Ah, okay that makes perfect sense. Just good to know core OS security updates are occurring. And then I guess it’s up to the user to decide if they want to update all packages. Thanks!

1 Like

Any thoughts on this @amiedema