When The API will be available?

Hi There,

I want to build the hosting infrastructure on top of cleaver.cloud and that is why i need API to integrated. When it will be available? I want to prioritize this feature by budget, anyone here to help?

3 Likes

Hello!

We don’t have plans for an API any time soon.

Though, I am curious how many others might be looking for API access. Let me know below so we can keep track!

5 Likes

Cloud Hosting provider like me, will require API to integrate their system with Cleavr. This will allow us to have joint technology and will have more benefits.

1 Like

Personally i can see my self have use for only a read API so i can show monitoring on customers admin pages.

1 Like

in muy opinion a APi would be great to use in our hosting enviroment.

1 Like

It would be best if you introduced API. +1 for API. Almost all server management tools like Ploi provide API :slight_smile:

Hi Peter,
Cleavr is using Netdata for monitoring. Create an account and claim your nodes.
Via netdata.cloud you have even more information and you can share this information with your clients.
It’s all free :slight_smile:

1 Like

@amiedema I would like to use API as well, would be nice to be able to change domains etc from my apps directly.

Are there still no plans for an API? It’s a dealbreaker, in my opinion!

I’m planning a paid hosting service for my foss project.

The plan is to create a separate site and automatically install the Laravel-based software after booking through a customer. But this won’t be possible without an API to do this…

cleavr.io seems to be (nearly) perfect, apart from this. Disappointing…

3 Likes

Hi,

I am a very big fan of cleavr after only a week. There is just so much needed simplicity.
The only point I am missing currently is definitely an API so far.

My current use case for an API is to automate site & deployment setup. Also with at least a basic API feature I am more inclined to commit to a service, as I can always enhance the tooling if I have a non standard use case.

Alternatively I can imagine a superuser feature where a site + deployment can easily be created via one json string. Currently I find it tedious to go through the setup multiple times.

Would love to see API support in a future release, it is really something missing regarding to the competitors :v:

Hi amiedema !

Is there any plans to let us use an API to enhance our devops journey to build great product on top cleavr ?
I love cleavr, but the lack of API would probably make me going back to forge :frowning:

@amiedema Any news on this?

I have plans to start a business and this is exactly what I need, it would be really helpful!

Hello @Lynx,

Is there anything specific you’d expect to be able to accomplish via an API?

In my basic use case, I need to create/delete cloud servers on the Hetzner side and be able to deploy applications with customers’ domains. But if cleavr provides API support for all its features, I can see myself using most of them, especially backups.

I think most of the people who wrote here thinking similar services like me.

2 Likes

I had a bit of a ‘wow’ moment with Cleaver. I managed to set up a custom server, VPS, custom SSL, and domain, and even ran a test script interacting with an externally hosted database. And guess what? I did all this in under an hour, by myself! It’s a big deal for me because, in the past, I’ve paid others to do similar tasks. So, you can imagine the sense of accomplishment I felt.

But then, I hit a snag. I was surprised to find out that Cleaver doesn’t have an API. This was a bit of a downer for me as API access is something I’ll definitely need in the future, probably sometime next year. So, I started looking at other options like Ploi, Dokku, CapRover, Forge, Enjoyer, Cloudways, RunCloud, you name it. But here’s the thing - none of them felt as intuitive as Cleaver. Even with their documentation, I couldn’t recreate the ease and success I experienced here.

That’s why I came back to Cleaver, holding onto the hope that by the time I need the API, you guys will have implemented one. If not, I’m prepared to do things manually or hire someone if it gets too much. But honestly, I’m rooting for Cleaver to add a full-blown API. It just makes sense in today’s competitive landscape, and from my experience, Cleaver is the most user-friendly platform out there - it just clicks with my way of thinking and doing things.

So, here’s to hoping for an API soon - Go API Go! You guys are already doing great, and with an API, I believe Cleaver will be unbeatable.

Keep up the amazing work!

Cheers!

3 Likes