Suggestion for Backup

Hi guys,

I look forward to a development of the Backup function. For the moment i use dropmysite.com and it would be great if we could get similar functionality.

Thank you and Merry Christmas from Sweden.

1 Like

Hi @peterc

What are the top capabilities you like about dropmysite not currently available in Cleavr?

We definitely plan to enhance the backups experience and capabilities in the future and are open to ideas and suggestions. Though, within reason as we’re not a dedicated backups service. :slightly_smiling_face:

Sounds great. I don’t use that much complicated functions but there are a few i really like.

Just to give you an idea of how i use backups. The source code i don’t use backup for since i have it all on GitHub. The two things i backup is all uploaded media like images, movies and documents and of course the database.

The physical files is no brainer but the database is quite nice to be able to restore and have like some tables in diferent backup sessions that then can be restored without overwrite the entire database.

Here is some screen shots

I hope this could give some ideas :slight_smile:

1 Like

NIce features Peter, the table based database restore function looks great.
In my opinion backup for the application via GIT is not very common, because it’s not a standard in WordPress.
@amiedema, do you know this backup tool? https://www.urbackup.org/
I use that one for a couple of year now, maybe you can get some inspiration :slight_smile:

2 Likes