Strapi re-deployment failed

I have a strapi instance (strapi.techfastly.com) and it was working fine. Yesterday I created one new collection type and re-pushed it . Code was successfully run on the github and pushed to cleavr but failed on cleavr at the first level i.e., “copy project”. I had same problem earlier as well but re-deployment worked last time but this time is not working even after re-deployment. Checking log at “copy project” showing this
Missing lock file(s). Installing packages using npm install
npm WARN config production Use --omit=dev instead.
/home/cleavr/.cleavr/strapi.techfastly.com-9000/.strapi_copy_project: line 105: 314642 Killed

Kindly help.

Hello @digitalflic,

Is there a lock file missing from the repo? We typically recommend having a package, yarn, etc lock file available in the repo. If you can, please try adding the lock file to the repository and try again.

Yes package lock file is there in the github and this was successfully build on github before pushing it to server as per setup. screenshot is attached

I appreciate if you can help me in resolving this issue as it is failing at “Copy Project” stage. Code is successfully build in Github but error while copying it to server. All package files are there.

@digitalflic we’ll take a closer look into this issue. In the meantime, can you try disabling GitHub Actions and have the app build on server during deployments?

I have the same issue with Github action here
is the github action

# This GitHub Actions workflow is generated and deployed by https://cleavr.io
# The filename, cleavr_vwjpzp7olz, of this workflow is tracked from within Cleavr,
# please don't change the name. Though, feel free to add your own steps or tweak
# the existing ones except anything listed below the warning message.
# Read more about Cleavr's GitHub Actions integration feature at: https://docs.cleavr.io/github-actions

name: Deploy 1u6zf7kmoytqy9dp8462.cleaver.live App with Cleavr
on:
  workflow_dispatch:
  push:
    branches:
      # This is the branch that gets deployed when a push is made to this repository.
      # If you change the default branch in Cleavr under the Webapp's settings, make sure to change it here as well.
      - master
jobs:
  build:
    runs-on: ubuntu-20.04
    steps:
      - uses: actions/checkout@v3
        with:
            submodules: recursive # Fetch submodules along with the repository

- uses: actions/setup-node@v3
        with:
          node-version: '18'

- name: Install project dependencies
        run: yarn install

- name: Install kooko-strapi-plugin-react-editorjs
        run: yarn workspace kooko-strapi-plugin-react-editorjs install

- name: Install strapi-provider-email-novu
        run: yarn workspace strapi-provider-email-novu install

- name: Build app
        run: yarn build

### ---  PLEASE DO NOT MODIFY ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE --- ###

- name: Generate artifact name
        id: artifact
        uses: josStorer/get-current-time@v2.0.2
        with:
          format: YYYYMMDDHHmmss
          utcOffset: "+08:00"

- name: Upload artifact
        uses: actions/upload-artifact@v3
        with:
          name: '${{ steps.artifact.outputs.formattedTime }}'
          path: build
          if-no-files-found: error

- name: Start Cleavr Deployment
        uses: fjogeleit/http-request-action@master
        with:
          url: '${{ secrets.DEPLOY_TRIGGER_HOOK_cleavr_vwjpzp7olz }}'
          method: 'POST'
          timeout: 60000
          customHeaders: '{"artifact": "${{ steps.artifact.outputs.formattedTime }}"}'

It’s also failing to copy the project. It’s showing the error “Missing lock file(s). Installing packages using npm install.”

I do have a yarn.lock file, and GitHub action isn’t complaining about it, so it seems like the .lock files are either not being sent to Cleavr or not being recognized somehow.

It’s really frustrating because I subscribed, thinking I could deploy my apps with GitHub Actions. I hope you can help me resolve the issue.

Hello @Chautems,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

We’ll look into the issue and get back to you.

1 Like

Hello @Chautems,

We are currently in the process of looking into the issue. In the meantime, could you please delete the yarn.lock file, run yarn install locally, push the changes along with the new lock file, and re-deploy your Strapi app?

lock file deleted and regenerated and still the same issue: Missing lock file(s). Installing packages using npm install

package.json config

“engines”: {
“node”: “18.x.x”,
“npm”: “please-use-yarn”,
“yarn”: “>= 1.22.19”
},
“volta”: {
“node”: “18.16.0”,
“yarn”: “1.22.19”
}

Hello @Chautems,

We have identified an issue with the installation of dependencies using yarn when enabling GitHub Actions and are actively working on a resolution. We have been unable to replicate the issue in our testing, so it would be helpful if you could create a test application for us to further investigate the issue.

Hello @Chautems,

We recently released a fix that we believe should resolve the issue with running npm install regardless of the lock file type. Please try it out and let us know if it resolves the issue for you.