Server default params

Hi,

How can I set the following server settings:

• Hostname (eg sudo hostnamectl set-hostname)
  • FQDN (host_name.domain_name)
  • Language (en_US.utf8)
  • Locale (en_US.utf8)
  • Timezone (UTC plus enable NTP)

Thanks

Hey David,
For these advanced operations, there is no way to do it from within Cleaver itself. You should be able to do most of it, which I’m sure you already know, after SSHing into the server. We’ll keep a track of this ticket to see if we can integrate a way to configure these kinds of settings from within Cleaver in an elegant way.

PS: If you did figure it out, it would be great if you can create a new post on this forum showing how to do it. Other users might run into to the same problem and your post would be very helpful. Thank you!

Hi Ashok,

I created a bash LEMP script so can set these things myself, but many other control panels (Moss, RunCloud, etc) allow these settings to be configured, alongside others like swap size, etc.

Should these not be included in a control panel which aims to remove the need to access the server directly?

Thanks

I agree, a control panel should allow a user to configure some settings. We are for sure going to add more configuration options in Cleaver. We are just focusing on some big features right now. One problem with allowing users to configure settings is that there are 10s if not 100s of things you want to configure for a server. Choosing which ones to add support for is a struggle for us. Feel free to suggest any configurations you want to configure from within Cleaver itself, which will be very helpful when we start working on it.

1 Like