Quickscript Run as "cleavr" running as root

Greetings,

I just wanted to use Quickscript.

Unfortunately one feature does not work in the Quickscript "Run as"Dialog.

If i choose “cleavr” as user, it runs as “root”
If i choose “root” as user, it runs as “root”

If you need anything, i’ll gladly help.

Thanks for letting us know! I’ll investigate further and let you know if I have questions.

A fix for this has been released! Please let me know if you run into the issue again.

@amiedema

Thanks, seams to be fixed.
But in the Server list for execution, all Server get the same IP on the right side.
After i used a server all IP’s change to that server.

This problem wasn’t there before. I don’t know if your fix had something to do with it.
grafik

@amiedema

Also if I use {{ runAs}} But the default is the cleavr User, the Variable still shows “root”.

But the Script is executed as “cleavr” so that works!

We treated the original bug as a critical bug so we wanted to fix that asap. Since the release, we have fixed the other issue as well. Please let us know if it is resolved for you or not. Thanks a lot for reporting these issues :pray:

1 Like

Hi there @ashok

did you push a new update?

Cleavr does not want me to run my script as cleavr anymore, but only when i don’t have any variables asked/set.

The old script i choose cleavr, put in my variable and it works.
The new one is just a script without any variables, but after i click on “Run” i see how the user changes back from cleavr to root.

I think it is just a UI glitch which had been there forever but the command itself should still be run as the user that you have selected and not as root. Can you please confirm if the script is run as the user you selected? We’ll fix the UI glitch in the next update.

@ashok

no :frowning:

it saves the file in the root home folder instead of the cleavr home folder

i wouldn’t have mentioned this issue, if this wasnt the case.

:frowning:

Can you share the script that you are using to test? Or you can just send the screenshot if you want (you can DM me as well). Thanks!

I’m kind of having hard time reproducing this issue. This is what my script looks like:

And I can see that cleavr is being written to home/cleavr/user

mongodump --config="/home/cleavr/config.yaml" --authenticationDatabase=admin --authenticationMechanism=SCRAM-SHA-1 --gzip --quiet
echo “Dump succesfull”

I just tried it out.

I did not specify the user, because mongodump automatically takes the executed users home Directory.

If i specify the output Directory, it will be saved with “root” rights and i cant simply clean it up without the SUDO Password.

Hello @Houbsi,

Thank you for providing us with the script.

We’ll try to use the same script and see what we can do about this and get back to you soon.

In the mean time, can you try echoing the user as well?

mongodump --config="/home/cleavr/config.yaml" --authenticationDatabase=admin --authenticationMechanism=SCRAM-SHA-1 --gzip --quiet
echo “Dump succesfull by user $USER”

and check the output?

@ashok
Bildschirmfoto 2022-01-24 um 15.14.13

Okay… fascinating but why does it not save in the ~ folder?

The same script in command line anywhere or on my personal local machine… puts it in the ~