Quasar SSR App with my own domain name

Hi,

I have a Quasar SSR app that is able to deploy when I’m using a temporary domain from cleavr.

How do I deploy using my own domain name?

I think I’m missing a very obvious step here, but for the life of me, I can’t figure it out.

I have tried to add another site (with my domain name), deploy my SSR app, point my A record from cloudflare to Public IP of the provisioned server. But it’s either 502 error, or a Not Found exception when I try to navigate to the home page (www.numnum.me)

Any ideas?

Andy

Here is the pm2 log. Seems like the app is running then killed immediately

Hi @numnum.me,

Welcome to the cleavr forum!

I think I know what the issue might be. I’ll send you a private message.

1 Like

Hi @numnum.me

First of, nice with a fellow Quasarian :slight_smile:

I remember when i first deployed my Quasar SSR i needed to FTP in and manually add the .env file.

Not sure if this will help you but what i did was to FTP into sitefolder and looked for “missing stuff”

Have a nice day.

/Peter Sweden

2 Likes

Hi Peter,

Yes, my first app with Quasar

Adam helped me by pointing out that the NGINX config was not there. So I tried to redo the steps again (delete my deployments and sites, and re-add them) and I explicitly put my cloudflare settings to ‘DNS only’ for the Let’s Encrypt certbot to do it’s magic, and it worked.

My app is up now and I can see the NGINX config.

But thanks for your recommendation though. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

How can we get some more Quasar devs in here? They seem like good people :wink:

2 Likes

I’m pretty crazy for Quasar and need help resolving how to transition my Quasar SSR e-comm app from my temporary Cleavr domain used during development to my production domain name that is currently hosting a Shopify theme this app will replace. The domain is managed by Eleven2.

I followed this guide and rewrote the domain name to point to the hosted production domain this site is meant for. I’ve waited a few hours and the production URL has yet to update–I still see the old site this app is meant to replace. When I click on links to visit the newly renamed domain from my Cleavr panel that too still opens the old site.

I’ve attempted to add Let’sEncrypt SSL and I receive a warning of DNS Misconfiguration Detected. That verbose warning spells out the expected DNS address and the found address. I took that info and went into the Eleven2 DNS manager and made those updates but I can’t seem to make any headway. Adding an SSL keeps erroring out, and I can’t see my app pointed to my production URL.

I realize that changes made to DNS records take time to propagate. But I’m unsure if I’m even on the right track to resolving this. I’m not sure if I should be waiting for fixing. Any advice out there?

Hello @1b4Pi ,

It does sound like the DNS record is still pointing to the old IP. Depending on the DNS management service, this change can take anywhere between instantly and 24 hours. These days I wouldn’t expect propagation to take much more than an hour at most.

You can check the DNS for your site using DNS Checker - DNS Check Propagation Tool. Make sure the IP address matches the public IP you see for the server in Cleavr. You won’t be able to apply SSL until the IP matches. Also, try to minimize the number of times you attempt to apply SSL as LetsEncrypt will lock you out for a time if you attempt to apply SSL too many times for a domain / server over a short period of time.

Hope that helps! Let us know if things don’t seem to be progressing.

@amiedema thank you, yes this helps confirm I need to hurry up and wait…

Also, try to minimize the number of times you attempt to apply SSL as LetsEncrypt will lock you out for a time if you attempt to apply SSL too many times for a domain / server over a short period of time.

Many thanks for this tip! I had tried a few times as a sort of check to see if the site propagated.