PhpMyAdmin fresh installation error

Fatal error : Uncaught ReflectionException: Class “” does not exist in /usr/share/php/Symfony/Component/DependencyInjection/ContainerBuilder.php:1138 Stack trace: #0 /usr/share/php/Symfony/Component/DependencyInjection/ContainerBuilder.php(1138): ReflectionClass->__construct() #1 /usr/share/php/Symfony/Component/DependencyInjection/ContainerBuilder.php(609): Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\ContainerBuilder->createService() #2 /usr/share/php/Symfony/Component/DependencyInjection/ContainerBuilder.php(555): Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\ContainerBuilder->doGet() #3 /usr/share/phpmyadmin/libraries/common.inc.php(126): Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\ContainerBuilder->get() #4 /usr/share/phpmyadmin/index.php(15): require_once(’…’) #5 {main} thrown in /usr/share/php/Symfony/Component/DependencyInjection/ContainerBuilder.php on line 1138

When I open new created phpmyadmin page, I get this error :confused:

Looks like I get this error as well with php 8.0. We’re taking a look into it. :slight_smile:

UPDATE: it’s looking like a phpmyadmin package issue and not php version related. We’re looking into a possible update.

Looking into it more, it does appear to be more PHP related. We’ll need to work on a fix for it but in the mean time, running apt upgrade and then php service seems to do the trick. I’m betting this also fixes the composer install issue mentioned in the other topic as well.

Hi buddy,

That did the trick :smiley: Thanks

1 Like

PHPmyAdmin has often issues with their packages. I remember me that there was a problem with version PMA version 5.0 while installing it with composer

For a more specific fix for anyone running across these PHP issues, which appears to be a recent change in the php package, instead of running apt upgrade, which upgrades all apt packages, run the following to fix:

apt install libpcre2-16-0 libpcre2-8-0 libpcre2-32-0
2 Likes

I am following this link to install phpmyadmin

Do I just use root?

When I use cleavr, it ask me for cleavr user password, where to get it?

Hello @mike,

Did you try going to Server > Site > Add Site > select phpMyAdmin as site type and click on Add button?

@anish Thanks for the direction.

I tried to add it, but it shows an error (screenshot uplaoded)