Oracle and SSL still problems

Hi guys,

i still can’t access https://php1.digitalit.se after successfully added SSL.

Do i have to delete my two Oracle servers and start over? (please don’t tell me i have to :scream: :joy:)

Have a nice day.

Hey Peter,

It looks like port 443 is being blocked. Lemme see if I can drill down deeper to see what might be blocking it.

CleanShot 2022-05-09 at 16.55.58

Hey @peterc,

Can you check the security settings from within the Oracle console and make sure there is an ingress rule setup for port 443?

Steps to open port 443

Port 80 will be closed by default. Assuming you plan to add websites to the server, open port 80 by clicking on Virtual Cloud Network from the server instance details screen.

Click Security List on the left menu.

Click on the security list

Click Add Ingress Rules

Add the following source and port 443 (note, port 80 is show in image. Both port 80 and 443 should have rules) -

Add the ingress rule.

1 Like

thanx @amiedema

Super clear solution explanation as usual and sure enough 443 was missing so i added it and restarted the instance and removed the SSL in Cleavr and readded it but still same problem.

I guess this is the man upstairs telling me “don’t brag about not having any issues” :joy:

Have a nice day :slight_smile:

Hello, did you solve it? I have the same problem and my port is opened on Oracle

Oracle has certainly been a frustrating experience - they seem to be doing something weird with ports.

I think I found something that works well. Do the above steps to open 443/tcp connections.

AND then, SSH into the server and run these two commands:

$ sudo iptables -I INPUT 6 -m state --state NEW -p tcp --dport 443 -j ACCEPT
$ sudo netfilter-persistent save

@murilomft can you please try this as well?

@peterc, I hope you don’t mind but I fixed for your server.

@amiedema you are so great. How coul’d i mind your “beyond what i pay for service”

Anyway. I can confirm that the SSH fix works and i willl now try to do this on my second Oracle server.

Thank you so much :heart:

1 Like

GENIUS! It works! Thanks a lot

1 Like