Mysql Update Question

Guys,

I have a big server with multiple Laravel + Js applications.
In my server, currently, we are using MYSQL 5.7. but we want to upgrade it to MYSQL 8.0. I don’t see any option to d this.

Is there any way to do this? Without losing databases and data using your services? or manually

Hello @lathindu,

We don’t support upgrading MySQL versions directly via Cleavr inorder to protect users from losing their data.

@Jeazyee was able to upgrade MariaDB without losing any of his data as discussed here Feature request: MariaDB versions - #5 by Jeazyee

We recommend that you back up your data before upgrading your MySQL version, and that you have a plan in place to restore the data in the event that it is needed.

1 Like

@anish thank you for your reply. I will check @Jeazyee 's tread

Hello @lathindu,

There is one more way, you can take a backup of your existing database, remove the existing MySQL service, install the desired version of MySQL, and then restore the backup.

However, please proceed with extreme caution. If anything goes wrong, you may lose your data. Therefore, it is recommended to try all the steps with some test servers before doing anything on the production database.

1 Like