Migrate server to client account

Hi,

I send an email to cleavr but I haven’t had any response on that. This is also something we have more often on our side so it will be good to have a good solution for transferring servers to a client account. Any advice in this? Does it always need to go manually or is their any transfer function I’ve missed?

Hi,
migrating servers is always a challenge. In my opinion, the best way is to do it using a VPS from Hetzner. With them it’s possible to move snapshots between the accounts you have access too.
In most of the cases I know, it was always better to move the application(s) between servers.

Hi,

Yes thats true. But the thing is we only need to link a new cleavr account thats all. So their need to be a handover tool where you can say this server belongs now to this account.

The problem is not the handover in Cleavr, but the connection to your hosting provider/server.
Maybe you should try the team account type, this way your customer has only access to the server he is assigned for.

Yes thats also fine but then im paying for the license of the client. But a transfer like that is also fine that I can say this server belongs to client@client.com

Beside the Cleavr “connection” you need to change the server owner for the hosting provider too.
I guess this is much more complicated.

They did it before when I sent an email. But every company who is working with clients have these issues so it’s not the thing that it is complicated. You always need to be able to handover things

It depends on how you work with your clients :wink:
If the did it before thank just wait a bit more, I guess they are more busy as usual because of the vacations.