Many issue with create node instance

hi
when create site

1. ssl not work
    and need action for activate

2. when want link webapp, site not exist :frowning:

3. when delete site, and recreate same , it seems unlink with webapp

4. and last, we dont have history for deployment (improvment need?)

Hi @spham -

Are you applying Letā€™s Encrypt SSL? When you add a new site and enable Letā€™s Encrypt, site creation may fail due to SSL in that Letā€™s Encrypt needs to verify the domain matches the server IP. We recommend using https://dnschecker.org/ to verify that the A record has propagated enough for Letā€™s Encrypt to verify domain / IP. Though, we are aware of a bug that if Letā€™s Encrypt fails during creation and then passes when applying after creation, the site fails to update to active. Let me know if youā€™d like me to mark the site as active (just let me know the name of the site). This is also why the site does not show when you create a webapp as we donā€™t show errorā€™d sites as options when setting up a webapp.

Deleting a site will also delete the webapp as mentioned in the site Danger Zone. Though, this behavior is likely something weā€™ll improve in the future.

What history for deployment are you speaking of? We do prune past deployments after 5 successful deployments.

Thanks for the questions and the feedback!

DNS already exist. i only delete and recreate.
why it work with cleaver domain ?

History is not clear. we should see at least 5 lzst deploy.

The DNS will need to propagate enough for Letā€™s Encrypt to correctly verify. Usually, if itā€™s a new domain it works relatively quick. If you point the DNS to from one server to a new server, then usually takes longer to propagate. It all depends. Thatā€™s why we have a message to make sure A record is propagated prior to enabling SSL. Though, we definitely have room for improvement to auto-check.

For the history, you should see the last 5 deployments at minimumā€¦ Can you point me to where the last 5 deployments are not showing?

maybe but it not work. is all I seeā€¦

in my ploi service I see here (see pic) and i can rollback

in cleaver, i donā€™t know where is it

In general, i think it confuse between site and webapps.

Ah, I see! Yea, Ploi is pretty limited in terms of webapp and deployment capabilities. We have the webapps section as you can setup a multi-server infrastructure. So, webapps is one webapp to potentially multiple servers.

But, I can see why that might be confusing

1 Like

maybe issue is here ( same link ie. website) redirect to 2 differents result

1. in nginx activation page (why ? is it important for us to activate this ? i think no)
  2. redirect in deployment list

What are you actually looking for? Rollbacks? If so, we donā€™t support rollbacks yet and it is on our list.

Maybe and we can do better but site is very limiting when it comes to multiple servers, letā€™s say you have a load balancer, two web app server, a queue server, and a database server. Iā€™ve mentioned this before, our deployment is much powerful than what Ploi does (I have never used it so I donā€™t know). Cleaverā€™s webapps feature is comparable to Laravel Envoyer but much powerful (logs for an example).

You are still confused with webapps and sites. Same thing is not redirecting to 2 different results. One is showing you ā€œa webappā€, the other one is showing you a ā€œsiteā€. A site is just a domain thatā€™s all. You also have same name for both the site and the webapp, thatā€™s why you think they are the same. I recommend that you go to your webapp settings and change the name to something like: My NodeJS Webapp or something like that.