Looking for Advice on Using Cleavr with a Custom SSL Configuration to Deploy a Node.js App

Hello Everyone :hugs:,

Although I’m new to Cleavr, I’m eager to use its robust features to launch my Node.js apps. But I’ve run across a couple obstacles that I’m hoping some of you will assist me with.

Context: I’m developing a Node.js application with a front-end built using Vue.js and a back-end built with Express.js. I’m getting ready to launch the application, which is now in its last stages of development. Because of Cleavr’s ease of use and smooth interaction with a variety of deployment settings, I went with it.

Present Configuration:

• App Frameworks: Vue.js for the front end and Node.js (Express.js) on the server end
  • Digital Ocean is the hosting environment. Pro Plan is the cleanser.
  • Custom SSL (acquired via a third-party supplier) is the SSL provider.

Obstacles Met:

Setting up SSL:
I need to set up a bespoke SSL certificate on my domain. I’m not sure if I set up SSL in Cleavr correctly, even though I followed the typical approach.

Is it possible for someone to offer a detailed tutorial or advice on how to make sure the custom SSL configuration is perfect? :thinking:

Environment Variables: For connections to databases, API keys, and other requirements, my application significantly depends on environment variables. I want to confirm that these are set up properly in Cleavr and are securely managed. I would be grateful for any advice on how to handle this, including best practices.

Automated Deployments: My goal is to construct an automatic pipeline for continuous deployments that starts when my GitHub repository is pushed to. How can I use Cleavr to accomplish this without a hitch? :thinking:

Are there any typical pitfalls I must be aware of? :thinking:

Additional info:

• Version of Node.js: 14.x
  • Version 2.x of Vue.js

I also followed this :point_right: https://docs.cleavr.io/nodejs-deployments/power-bi

Thank you :pray: in advance.

Hello @Kelvin,

Welcome to the Cleavr Forum! We’re delighted to hear that you’re enjoying Cleavr, and we’re committed to providing you with the best service possible.

Here are some steps to help you with your queries:

1. Applying Custom SSL Certificates :
  • During site creation, make sure not to enable SSL.
  • After the site has been created, navigate to the Site > SSL Certificates page.
  • Select the custom certificate option and then input the certificate and private key to apply the custom SSL certificate.

1. Managing Environment Variables :
  • Go to Deployments > Deployment Workflow > Environment to manage your environment variables.
  • Please note that the information is stored on your own server.

1. Enabling Automated Deployments on Push :
  • Navigate to Deployments > Deployment Workflow > Settings > Basic .
  • From there, you can enable the Deploy on Code Push option.

I hope this information addresses your queries. If you have any further questions or encounter any issues with the configuration or deployment of your application, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.