Help! Help! Help! New site not working

Guys. I really liked your service. The first server I configured works fine. But the second attempt failed. I also made two attempts to configure the server. But both failed. After connecting the server to Cleavr, I tried to create a Laravel application with the MariaDB database, but each time the site was not created. The process was interrupted at the step: connecting the domain. The result is a non-working site with the Error status. I didn’t find any documentation, how can I analyze these crashes when setting up a site where Cleavr logs are stored? Therefore, I ask for help. I think it will be no less useful to you. Since you will gain an ardent supporter and even a fan. I can create a test server, run provisioning, and try to create a new site with the same stack that I’ve already tried. After that, I will give you access to SSH. I just want to understand the reason and I hope you will dispel my doubts about further work with your service. I would also be grateful for information on how I can analyze Cleavr logs. Thank you!

P. S. My first app use External Managed Database Service. But I need MariaDB now for next server.

Hi @zorca,

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience these issue may have caused you.

Cleavr logs can be found at /root/.cleaver/

We’ll investigate why this may have happened and get back to you soon.

Thank you.

I will try to recreate this problem with test server and inform you. Any domain checks may be executed bedore create site? I am using runcloud and there is no problem with creating a non-existent domain.

This time I will try installing the database and Node right away when creating the server

And now all systems working fine. Site succesefuuly created without any problems.

Now I will try setup another server and I will not install the services (DB and Node) when creating it

Same error

All Cleavr logs: https://disk.yandex.ru/d/bvHzwAliku29Fw

Maria DB install fatal errors:
Preparing to unpack …/mariadb-server-10.4_1%3a10.4.18+maria~focal_amd64.deb …
debconf: unable to initialize frontend: Dialog
debconf: (Dialog frontend will not work on a dumb terminal, an emacs shell buffer, or without a controlling terminal.)
debconf: falling back to frontend: Readline
Unpacking mariadb-server-10.4 (1:10.4.18+maria~focal) …
Selecting previously unselected package mariadb-server.
Preparing to unpack …/mariadb-server_1%3a10.4.18+maria~focal_all.deb …
Unpacking mariadb-server (1:10.4.18+maria~focal) …
Setting up galera-4 (26.4.7-focal) …
Setting up mariadb-server-core-10.4 (1:10.4.18+maria~focal) …
Setting up socat (1.7.3.3-2) …
Setting up libmariadb3:amd64 (1:10.4.18+maria~focal) …
Setting up mariadb-client-core-10.4 (1:10.4.18+maria~focal) …
Setting up mariadb-client-10.4 (1:10.4.18+maria~focal) …
Setting up libdbi-perl:amd64 (1.643-1) …
Setting up mariadb-server-10.4 (1:10.4.18+maria~focal) …
debconf: unable to initialize frontend: Dialog
debconf: (Dialog frontend will not work on a dumb terminal, an emacs shell buffer, or without a controlling terminal.)
debconf: falling back to frontend: Readline
Failed to stop mysql.service: Unit mysql.service not loaded.
Created symlink /etc/systemd/system/mysql.service → /lib/systemd/system/mariadb.service.
Created symlink /etc/systemd/system/mysqld.service → /lib/systemd/system/mariadb.service.
Created symlink /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/mariadb.service → /lib/systemd/system/mariadb.service.
Setting up mariadb-server (1:10.4.18+maria~focal) …
Processing triggers for man-db (2.9.1-1) …
Processing triggers for libc-bin (2.31-0ubuntu9.2) …
error: Found option without preceding group in config file: /etc/mysql/my.cnf at line: 24
Fatal error in defaults handling. Program aborted
error: Found option without preceding group in config file: /etc/mysql/my.cnf at line: 24

my.cnf

The MySQL database server configuration file.

You can copy this to one of:

- “/etc/mysql/my.cnf” to set global options,

- “~/.my.cnf” to set user-specific options.

One can use all long options that the program supports.

Run program with --help to get a list of available options and with

–print-defaults to see which it would actually understand and use.

For explanations see

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/server-system-variables.html

This will be passed to all mysql clients

It has been reported that passwords should be enclosed with ticks/quotes

escpecially if they contain “#” chars…

Remember to edit /etc/mysql/debian.cnf when changing the socket location.

Here is entries for some specific programs

The following values assume you have at least 32M ram

!includedir /etc/mysql/conf.d/
default_password_lifetime = 0

@zorca we are looking into this issue. will get back to you as soon as possible.

Hi @zorca ,
we checked your account and noticed on the server’s services page that some of the services (MariaDB, PHP, NodeJS) didn’t complete installation, which is why adding new sites showed an error. We reinstalled the services for you so you should be good to go to add a new site successfully.
Sorry again for the issue! We’ll look into how we can improve the site creation process to avoid this type of experience in the future.

1 Like

Thank you! It would be great if I get minimal information when errors occur, so that I can diagnose the error without reading the error logs.

2 Likes

We will consider your suggestion. Thank you.

1 Like