Help choosing DO droplet size

Hi guys,
I’m planing to go all in with this great service and i will have only Node apps like 10-20 of them. I use to have a DO droplet with these options:

20 USD/mo: 4GB RAM, 2 CPUs, 80GB SSD Disk and 4TB tranfer

Is this enough or do i gain any performance with:

40 USD/mo: 8GB RAM, 4 CPUs, 160GB SSD Disk and 5TB tranfer

The disk size i could solve by just adding another server in the future but the main question is: do i have any use performance wise with 8GB RAM, 4 CPUs?

One option is to separate all customers and have their sites on separate DO servers:

5 USD/mo:1GB RAM, 1 CPU, 25GB SSD Disk and 1TB tranfer

This is maybe the best option to totally separate customers apps in their own droplet/server.

This wasn’t possible with Plesk since everything ran on one droplet.

I really would like to have 3 Node apps api.customer.se, admin.customer.se and www.customer.se on the same DO Droplet.

Will a 5 USD/mo:1GB RAM, 1 CPU, 25GB SSD Disk and 1TB tranfer be enought?

Also i wonder if i could go into DO and scale up my droplet without braking anything i Cleavr?

Please adwise?

It’s really up to you and what your apps need to run and what kind of traffic the sites get.

One option is to separate all customers and have their sites on separate DO servers

You can certainly separate customers by servers or by creating sites with different server users. Separating by servers will definitely silo them the most.

Also i wonder if i could go into DO and scale up my droplet without braking anything i Cleavr?

It shouldn’t break anything. Though, DO has two types of resizing to be aware of - permanent and flexible. The main difference is flexible allows you to scale back down; however, flexible won’t increase disk space.

1 Like