Feature request: generic port bound web apps

I’d like to be able to create a site where it is different than the regular web site types that Cleavr supports, mostly for admin panels provided by some running services such as Supervisor web interface, RabbitMQ management portal, etc.

Right now, I can create a static site then can fiddle with site nginx config to support it. I usually copy NodeJS config type to a static site type as the configuration is very very similar.

The way I’m seeing it is, the App type dropdown would have something like “Generic Port Bound” type, when I select it, it will ask me for a port number. Since these are mostly used for admin panels and security is important, it’d be an added bonus if the site can be locked along with site creation.

I’m not sure if deployment makes sense or not. I don’t see these kinds of apps needing deployments as they are mostly built-ins so it is up to you guys to decide whether you want to support it or not. I’m fine without.

Hello @ashok,

First of all, sorry for the late response this time*. But I’ve got a piece of good news for you. The feature you requested is in progress right now. We’ll let you know once we’ve deployed the changes.

Let’s put it this way: we got busy implementing this great feature request that we forgot to respond. You can’t be angry, right?

Cheers!! :wink:

2 Likes

Hello @ashok,

I’m here to give you a good news that the feature you requested is now available. Do give it a try and let us know how you feel about it.

:wink:

1 Like

Worked perfectly when creating a new app that is bound to Adonis Bull UI :clap:

2 Likes