Directus 9 will not deploy

Hello,

I’m trying to deploy a Directus 9 site and I’m getting the error:

Cloning into ‘/home/cleavr/mzkgughbmpo5007w3192.cleaver.rocks/current’… npm WARN deprecated @types/cssnano@5.1.0: This is a stub types definition. cssnano provides its own type definitions, so you do not need this installed. npm WARN deprecated @types/pino@7.0.5: This is a stub types definition. pino provides its own type definitions, so you do not need this installed. npm WARN deprecated keyv-memcache@1.3.3: This project has been renamed to @keyv/memcache which will be updated moving forward. npm WARN deprecated fastify-warning@0.2.0: This module renamed to process-warning npm WARN deprecated querystring@0.2.0: The querystring API is considered Legacy. new code should use the URLSearchParams API instead. added 909 packages, changed 4 packages, and audited 920 packages in 1m 91 packages are looking for funding run npm fund for details 3 high severity vulnerabilities Some issues need review, and may require choosing a different dependency. Run npm audit for details. 13:05:09 :sparkles: Initializing bootstrap… node:internal/process/promises:246 triggerUncaughtException(err, true /* fromPromise */); ^ Error: connect ECONNREFUSED 127.0.0.1:3306 at TCPConnectWrap.afterConnect [as oncomplete] (node:net:1161:16) -------------------- at Protocol._enqueue (/home/cleavr/mzkgughbmpo5007w3192.cleaver.rocks/current/node_modules/mysql/lib/protocol/Protocol.js:144:48) at Protocol.handshake (/home/cleavr/mzkgughbmpo5007w3192.cleaver.rocks/current/node_modules/mysql/lib/protocol/Protocol.js:51:23) at Connection.connect (/home/cleavr/mzkgughbmpo5007w3192.cleaver.rocks/current/node_modules/mysql/lib/Connection.js:116:18) at /home/cleavr/mzkgughbmpo5007w3192.cleaver.rocks/current/node_modules/knex/lib/dialects/mysql/index.js:66:18 at new Promise () at Client_MySQL.acquireRawConnection (/home/cleavr/mzkgughbmpo5007w3192.cleaver.rocks/current/node_modules/knex/lib/dialects/mysql/index.js:61:12) at create (/home/cleavr/mzkgughbmpo5007w3192.cleaver.rocks/current/node_modules/knex/lib/client.js:249:39) { errno: -111, code: ‘ECONNREFUSED’, syscall: ‘connect’, address: ‘127.0.0.1’, port: 3306, fatal: true }

Looks like it’s trying to create a MySQL database even though “Setup Database” is set to false, but I didn’t ask it to create a database. I want to deploy my own version of Directus with my custom end-points, I just want the /uploads being retained with new deployments feature. Similar to how Strapi 4 is deployed.

EDIT:
I have to deploy with a Postgres database (which I have installed) then changed it all over to my current database and delete the Postgres database it created.

New deployments of Directus show a 404 when using a temp domain:

Hello @Tom,

We’ll look into it and get back to you.

1 Like

One thing, you can rename a deployment to the same name as a current deployment breaking both. It doesn’t serve a warning. Luckily I had taken a backup just before of my /uploads folder.

Hello @Tom,

We’ve designed the Directus site setup to be a 1-click solution that’s why it requires the database options upfront. The solution here is to create a Directus site with the database options enabled and than update the configs from Webapp > Environment page, which I think you’ve already done. Let us know if there’s anything blocking you with this.

Meanwhile, I’ve created a ticket to support Directus site with the default Cleavr’s setup.

Hello Tom,

Do you’ve more information about this?

Only the fact that new deployments get a 404 on the domain, however, I’ve routed this to an actual domain now not a temp one. The other one being you can rename a site to an already existing site which will break both, definitely an edge use case but might be worth adding a warning.

Hello Tom,

We’ve released a new fix that allows creating a Directus site with default Cleavr’s landing page if you disable the Setup Database option while creating a new site.

I hope it helps creating a site next time.

Is it only an issue with freee Cleavr domain? If so I’ll see if I can reproduce it.

Sure, I’ve created a ticket for it.