Cleavr 2.0 and 2021 Q1/Q2 road map

As some of you may have noticed, we went from 2+ releases a week to barely 2+ total releases since the beginning of this year.

We were blazing in 2020 with new features and rapid updates that were being released multiple times a week. :zap:

Did we lose our energy?

Not by a long shot! :muscle:t4:

2021: Q1 Objectives

Our goals for Q1 of 2021 were to introduce new pricing tiers and improve the experience for our current features.

However, another one of our overall goals as a team was to be more present in the Adonis community. We started sponsoring Adonis later last year and have been really impressed with the framework and the community. We were also excited about the upcoming release of Adonis v5.

It’s because of this that when we were deciding how we can both improve our current feature-sets and put our code-base in an even better position for rapid development that we decided to switch our backend tech stack from using Alpas, a Kotlin-based framework we developed in-house, to Adonis.

We considered Laravel at one point as Laravel has an established community and is a more overall mature framework that would better fit our immediate needs, but we desired to double down and work with the Adonis creators and community to help make version 5 awesome. And it is awesome. And, becoming more awesome. :fire:

What does any of this actually mean for Cleavr?

As of this writing, we’re complete with 90% of the hard work and 60% of the features with the rebuild on Adonis. The majority of the work left is to add the remainder VPS providers, VC providers, and add backups.

As we’re working on Cleavr, we are improving features where we can. Here are some of the improvements you’ll see in Cleavr 2.0

• New UI that is more intuitive and requires less clicks to get things done
  • Improved server provisioning and site creation performance - honestly, performance has been improved across the board :zap::zap::zap:
  • Improvements to SSL certs - with CSR added as a new feature
  • A multitude of little enhancements spread across - basically, if we received improvement ideas for current Cleavr, then we have been incorporating those into Cleavr 2.0 as we have been building it out

We plan to have some users provided early access to help us test out Cleavr 2.0. If you’d like to be considered for early access, send me a private message.

We’re targeting early access for sometime around mid to late April. Depending on where we are with Cleavr 2.0 and how testing goes, we may release Cleavr 2.0 soon after.

2021: Q2 Objectives following Cleavr 2.0 release

You might be wondering what we plan on doing directly after Cleavr 2.0’s release. We’ll most likely be working on adding additional tiers. The current plan available for purchase will eventually become the middle tier offering. We will have a lower priced tier with some limited functionality and we’ll also work on a higher priced offering with some additional functionality and with more of a focus on teams / small businesses.

We’ll also work on some features that have been highly requested, such as load balance setup. Plus, of course, some new features that we have been itching like crazy to work on. :sunglasses:

We’ll also deep dive into each of our supported web app types (Adonis, Nuxt, Laravel, WordPress) and see how we can improve the functionality and experience for those.

Expanding team

One more thing to share, we’ve also expanded our team since the beginning of the year and have worked on getting them onboarded and they have already been contributing immensely! :muscle:t4:

With the expanded team, we’ve also been able to expand our support as my off-hours are their on-hours. :heart:

I hope you’re as excited about Cleavr 2.0 as we are!

If you have any specific questions about Cleavr 2.0 or would like to let us know what’s important to you for enhancements or new features, please reply to this post! We’d love to hear from you.

8 Likes

Cleavr 2.0 status update

I’m sure I’m speaking to the choir saying this, as most of you are techies that have worked on many projects, both personal and professional, but we are essentially at that part of the project where we are complete with the majority of the hard work and we just have the “small” things left to complete.

And, of course, those “small” things all add up to the size of a mountain and feel like they take forever to widdle down until we have something we can start sharing… :mountain_snow:

The good news… :newspaper:

We’ve widdled the mountain down to a small hill and are just weeks, possibly even days, away from bringing in some beta users to help us further test Cleavr 2.0 before we release. :tada:

Call for beta testers

If you haven’t yet reached out to me to request beta access, please feel free to send me a PM if you’d like to be considered.

To wet your appetites :burrito:

Here are some screenshots to get you excited!

We’ve updated the UI and dark mode is looking :fire::fire::fire:

We’re utilizing more slide-outs to keep you on the same screen as much as possible when you’re performing actions - such as modifying your preferences as seen in the below screenshot.

We’ve improved performance and adding new servers and sites is :running_woman:t2:

You’ll notice we’re using more overflow menus (ellipses) to keep the UI a little more crisp. In the below we put service actions in the overflow, in other places we’ve added quick links to get you where you want go in less clicks.

The slide-out is nice and smooth when adding a new server. :heart_eyes:

The list items now have expanded states that display additional pertinent information, providing you more details at a glance.

6 Likes

Check out this sneak peak! :eyes:

3 Likes

And we are also making Cleavr 2.0 wayyy more mobile friendly!

4 Likes

We started bringing in some beta testers earlier this week! :tada:

So far, Beta is going well. New issues are being reported and we’re working through a building issues log.

If you’d like to gain early Beta access, please send me a PM for consideration.

3 Likes