Change root folder for deploying

Hi, I try to deploy my strapi repo with Cleavr. But I have a repo with a directory for:

/Frontend
/Backend

Does anyone know how I can change the root for backend to /backend?

Hello @tombaboons,

Welcome to the Cleavr forum!

It sounds like you have a mono-repo situation going on? There is a previous post that you can reference, which may help with what you are looking to do: Monorepo deployment best practices - #6 by mrwindmills

Also, another option may be to look at using Lerna. I created a guide that you can check out here: Deploy a Lerna managed monorepo - Cleavr docs

I hope you find these resources helpful!

Hi @amiedema

Thanks for your reply! The custom webhooks works very good. Only it get stuck at the ones that are added by Cleavr. Do you know how I can fix this? See screenshot

Hello @tombaboons,

We’re already looking into the issue and will get back to you as soon as possible.

Hi @anish

Okay great!

In what timeframe will you think there is an issue? Or is there something I can do in the meantime? Can I manually disable it or something?

Hello @tombaboons,

We are aware about the issue that you just faced with the deployment and the team is actively working to find the cause of the issue and get it fixed AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. But the problem is we are not able to reproduce the issue exactly.

Can you please try creating a new webapp and provide us the steps to reproduce the issue?

Hi @anish,

Sure! What I do is the following:

1. Select gitlab repo (I have a mono repo)
  2. Create database
  3. Add database to the env
  4. disable Install npm packages & build asset deployment hooks
  5. Add yarn install hook (cd {{ releasePath }}/backend yarn install --production)
  6. Add yarn build hook (cd {{ releasePath }}/backend NODE_ENV=production yarn build)
  7. Add yarn start (cd {{ releasePath }}/backend/config NODE_ENV=production pm2 start server.js --name api)
  8. Run deployment again.
  9. It stopped at (Activate New Deployment And Link Media Uploads)

With this error:

Activate New Deployment And Link Media Uploads 20220422081132761
Found existing uploads directory.
Successfully linked /home/cleavr/vfwbfnpwemdx4cgc4182.cleaver.rocks/releases/20220422081132761/public to /home/cleavr/vfwbfnpwemdx4cgc4182.cleaver.rocks/uploads
Activated /home/cleavr/vfwbfnpwemdx4cgc4182.cleaver.rocks/releases/20220422081132761/build
Creating ecosystem file
Ecosystem file is not linked. Linking…
ln: failed to create symbolic link ‘/home/cleavr/vfwbfnpwemdx4cgc4182.cleaver.rocks/current/.cleavr.config.js’: No such file or directory

I can show you if you want with a video or anydesk or something if you want?

Thank you for the steps. We’ll let you know if we need anything else.

Hi @anish

I have reached my limit on my other account haha…

This is how my config looks like for backend.

The issue was related to the monorepo setup and not the issue that we were trying to fix. For any future traveler with a monorepo setup: @tombaboon decided to go with two webapps. One webapp for Strapi and another for Nuxt frontend.