Anyone tips on how to mount extra volume (Hetzner) to a server in a way Cleavr can use/access it?

Is there anyone with experience with how to mount extra volume to a server in a way Cleavr can use/access it?

What I did: I created a volume at Hetzner and attached it to the server managed by Cleavr. Now the system is not almost full anymore but I wonder if it works like that :innocent: Does the system Cleavr get access to the new Hetzner volume that was added to the server and mounted automatically?

Any tips or advise or pratice would be appreciated

There would be nothing additional to do in Cleavr, since it is automatically added to the server via Hetzner.

1 Like

Hi Adam,

do you remember our conversation from januari 2021?
This is what you mentioned for this case:

SSH into server
Renamed current home directory to home2: mv /home /home2
In Hetzner, added new volume and assisted to server
Back in the console for the server, Hetzner has 3 commands to run to format and mount:

(example - some of the details might be different but mainly focusing on the /home path)

sudo mkfs.ext4 -F /dev/disk/by-id/scsi-0HC_Volume_9068303

mkdir /home

mount -o discard,defaults /dev/disk/by-id/scsi-0HC_Volume_9068303 /home

Then, move home2 contents to home: mv -v /home2/* /home

2 Likes

I think we run into the fact that the mounted extra volume not automatically mounted to the Cleavr volume.

as soon as sda1 is full the server stops working (disk full)

Could Olaf have a point here that there is an action mandatory to make the new volume be available for Cleavr?

Ah! Yes, I remember this. Thanks @finalwebsites!

@yuluma those would be the steps to follow. The main directory for projects that Cleavr writes to is /home; so that would be a good directory to map to follow the instructions from Olaf’s comment.