Add Deno as service

Could Deno also be added as service as node etc?

It shouldn’t be that hard to support. However, as a disclaimer, none of us at Cleavr HQ has used Deno so I’m kind of worried about not being able to treat it well. Also, I’m not sure what it takes to deploy a Deno website. I’ve a few questions:

• Are there any gotchas installing Deno we should be aware of that you know?
  • Do you expect Cleavr to be able to support Deno webapps deployment as well?
  • Does PM2 support Deno?
  • Does Deno has a version manager like nvm/Volta?

I know you might not know all the answers but I just wanted to have the conversation going. Thank you!

Hi,

I haven’t done much in it either but I have found some answers:

• Do you expect Cleavr to be able to support Deno webapps deployment as well? - Yes
  • Does PM2 support Deno? - It could check this
  • Does Deno has a version manager like nvm/Volta? - I found this

I will share more when I get time to look into it, however it looks very promising.

2 Likes

Thanks for doing some research for us. Having PM2 support deno is exciting. I’m keeping this post open so that we both can add more information as we find them.

Future travelers: make sure to drop a comment if you want us to support Deno in Cleavr as a first class citizen. Thank you!

2 Likes

I just starting readig the deno docs. Regarding PM2 I found:
javascript - How to use deno in production - Stack Overflow

maybe also interesting: https://deno.land/x/denon@2.3.2

love new stuff.

@titan is Deno like front end or back end or what is the use case?

Have a nice day

For the front-end, Deno can be used in conjunction with popular front-end frameworks such as React, Vue.js, and Angular. Deno supports the latest ECMAScript language features and provides built-in support for TypeScript, which can help to increase productivity and maintainability when developing complex web applications.

For the back-end, Deno provides a built-in HTTP server module that can handle incoming requests and responses. Additionally, Deno has a number of built-in modules that can be used for common back-end tasks such as file system operations, networking, and cryptography. There are also many third-party modules available on the Deno third-party modules repository that can be used to extend the functionality of your back-end application.

While Deno is still a relatively new technology and may not have the same level of community support and maturity as other back-end frameworks such as Node.js or Django, it is a promising platform that is gaining popularity among developers.

1 Like

thank you @titan

This is fore sure somthing that might be interesting. I think i read that the developer has also something to do with developing Node.

I use Node/Vue/(Quasar/Adonis) but this might be an better alternative for Node in the future.

Have a nice day